[pct-l] bear bagging

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun Jan 2 07:02:05 CST 2011

Not sure how you read Ryan's email to get that it was based on ideas from the past.  From everything I've read and seen (I go to Yosemite every year; bear central) and what he's telling us is very current.  Visitors to the back country are warned all the time to not try to fight a bear for your food.  And the reason is simple: if the bear wants it bad enough he will win!  Food containers that are bear proof are vital components of modern back country camping.  They protect you, your food, and most importantly, the bear!