[pct-l] Insoles

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 15:55:37 CST 2011

Dear Diane,

Nearly all Americans get back pain from being scrunched over a computer
monitor or studying books etc.  Our backs on not meant to be rounded or
scrunched.  Sit up straight, the tush will round out in the back of the
chair (especially mine )-: but I've learned to embrace this) elevate your
abdominal area, keep shoulders back, the upper back should be nearly flat
and BEND FORWARD AT THE HIP to get close to the book, keyboard or computer
screen (again the natural curve of the tush will be the only thing sticking
out  If I can live with my tush, you can live with yours)  Your arms should
hang down naturally slightly on the back half of your body so you will have
to move your keyboard closer.

This actually takes less energy to sit this way as your discs are stacked
properly and you are not straining the muscles and connective tissue
supporting the spine.  You should be able to sit all day without effort.  We
have to earn a living, we just can't hike all day.  Very academic people
have that rounded back from spending long hours over books.  Sit properly
and you really can study or earn a living over a computer screen.

So back flat, BEND AT THE HIP!!!!!!

Melanie