[pct-l] Kearsage/Onion Valley

Alphabetsoup alphabetsoupmmm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 00:46:16 CST 2011

Some years ago I worked inside Yosemite Valley for the concession's company.
My home while I lived there was at Curry Village in one of those tent
cabins. we had bears in the village every night I was there. One day I went
into the little town of Mariposa for the day just so I could  get some fast
food. On the trip back I must have inadvertently let some fries get under my
passenger seat. Picture a Suzuki Samurai with a soft top with the passenger
seat ripped out in thousands of pieces for a few stray french
fries...Luckily, the bear went through the soft top, not the door. Others in
that same parking lot were not so lucky that night, I saw a door bent
completely in half from the top down and the entire contents of the mini van
destroyed for what looked like to be the remnants of a box of donuts.

A hard lesson, thankfully I didn't suffer the loss of my car.