[pct-l] Foot care question and how many days between resupply?

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:38:42 CST 2011

Hi,

As for # of days between resupply, that's up to you.  IMHO 8 to 12 is a bit
high (but then again, I'm an ultra light hiker and like to keep my pack
weight way down).  According to the polls (http://planyourhike.com/polls/)
most people go for more than 5 days (on average).  I should have worded the
question differently... "5 days or more" isn't as helpful as I thought it
would be.

I personally tried to keep it mostly between 3 and 5 days.  Muir Trail was
an exception (I did 10 or 11 days there).  And I had one or two 6 day
stretches in there.  My average was 3.9 days.

:)

--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne