[pct-l] Resupply packages

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 21:50:09 CST 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 10:41 PM, Amanda L Silvestri wrote:

> This summer I will be hiking further and for longer than I have in the past and will need to send myself resupply packages.  It occurs to me that most post offices, resorts etc., don't want to hold packages all summer long.  How long will most places hold these packages?  Do most folks have there packages mailed out several at a time over several different dates, like four a month or something? Does anyone know of a service based in Southern California that will send out resupply packages for you?

If you don't have a family member or friend who can send packages out to you on a regular basis you might be better off resupplying on your own.  Basically, when you are at a good size town, purchase food for several resupplies and mail packages ahead to yourself.  This is more work in town but you don't have to worry about all the coordination with your friend or family, which can be stressful.

Radar