[pct-l] Was UL Tents, now Cowboy Camping

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:03:29 CST 2011

Long ago, and far away... Well, cowboy camping in the Tetons about 1971, I
woke up to feel something crawling over my head.  I had the mummy bag
scrunched up tight and couldn't see a thing, and thought it was a bear
checking me out.  I lay still until the movement stopped and slowly opened
the bag to find myself eye to eye with a big, fat porcupine.  He slowly
ambled off, but left quills all over camp.  We saved them and stitched them
into our clothes as decoration.  You never know what comes a callin when
you're cowboy camping, still my favorite way to go.

Shroomer