[pct-l] My plans,in a nutshell

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 18:47:06 CST 2011

sorry to drift,

but the best thing for diabetes is walking.  it regulates your sugar naturally,
burns glucose etc. etc.  there's a laundry list of things that walking does for
diabetics.

and, loosing a foot;  if you can get prosthetic, doesn't have to immobilize
you...  and feet are the first thing to go when circulation dies in the body.

... and just think how well is would sound in the newspapers "why do you walk
all that way?"  "i just wish the 32,000 people who lost their feet to diabetes
could see the trail, the mountains..."  and companies like mountain hardwear and
pseudo high end preppy brands could pledge to our cause, cause it makes them
look good...  and the diabetics who end up hiking,  well they're going to need
light synthetic clothing... where will they shop?  at the companies that
supported them.
...and so many young people know someone, like a grandma with diabetes, that
they will feel good buying a brand that pledges to help get people walking.
etc.etc.

it seemed to all line up,  maybe in a few more years i'll make a go of it ...
but for now, i just hike for me ... and for the time with my wife.  it's a lot
easier to grind on when i am self motivated.
~Paul

PS,  the list is the 'thru hikers 2011 by date'  what's your planned start date,
i'll add you and you can see who's around you.