[pct-l] 2011 PCT Film Festival at the Kick-off

Ryan Christensen yosemiteryan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 21:03:10 CST 2011

Last years Pacific Crest Trail Film Festival was an outrageous success and this
years promises to be even better! Now is the time to start putting together your
videos for the 2011 Pacific Crest Trail Film Festival at the Kick-off!

For 2011 we will have two categories: videos up to 8 minutes in length and
videos between 8 and up to 20 minutes in length. We will only select one or two
of the longer videos to screen and the rest of the time will be slotted for the
shorter videos. Screening up to 10 of the shorter videos gives more people the
chance to share their work of art to the PCT community.

We are looking for short videos that are related to the PCT. We are not looking
for videos that were mindlessly thrown together- we are looking for videos that
have story- videos that show that you have something to say. For example: the
video could be funny, painful, uplifting, scenic, adventurous- or even romantic.
It could offer a vignette into a particular aspect of hiking the trail; it could
explore a particular place or person; it could explore a particular incident or
event—but the most important requirement is that it relates to the Pacific Crest
Trail.

Videos must be submitted by April 15th so it can be received in time for the
April 29th start of the 2011 kick-off. Videos should be burned to a DVD Disk.
I-Movie, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Windows Movie Maker all can do this
for you. It can be in wide-screen 16x9 or 4x3 aspect ratio. The total running
time and the video-creators contact information should be written on the disk.
The selection of videos to be shown is per the discretion of ProDeal.
Submissions may be retained for future use or discarded. No DVD's will be
returned. No video will be used for any other use without the permission of the
video creator.

Send your video submissions to:

Ryan Christensen
1829 Fir St.
Corona, CA 92882

Again, they must be received by April 15th.

We are looking forward to screening your creations!

Ryan "ProDeal" Christensen
 www.bristleconemedia.com