[pct-l] thru dogs dates?

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 11:50:02 CST 2011

I don't think many thru hikers bring a dog. Too much logistic difficulties
shuttling them around the national parks. I considered bringing one of mine,
but decided against it. FYI, my dog, Doc, and a friend's dog, Vandi, will be
hiking from Echo Lakes to Hwy 80. I think it will be about Mid July, but I
forget the estimated dates right now.

I have no idea why you feel the way you do, but maybe it's because I love
dogs. The ones I see on the trail are usually better behaved then the ones I
see on sidewalks ;)

If they really bother you that much, just plan to not stop when you
encounter them. Just keep moving and most of the dogs will probably ignore
you and stick with their owners. Good luck on your thru hike!