[pct-l] Avoiding humans, snakes, dogs, push ups and trekking poles on the PCT

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Wed Jan 5 18:44:00 CST 2011

let me say right off, im a horrible being. due to numerous bad experiences in
the backcountry, i hate humans on the trail. i don`t want to hike with them, i
don`t want to be around them. that Colin Fletcher guy really gave me a good beating
until he turned around.

now i know your human is`nt like the others, im sure it`s kind, friendly
and wouldn't hurt a flea. would probably loan me a kidney if i asked.
i understand this. i still don`t want to deal with your human.

to avoid conflicts im planning on sunning myself on the PCT in mid to late may, way after
the herd. is their anyone leaving at this time that can`t bear to leave
their human at home? i can adjust my schedule either way a few day within reason
to avoid conflicts. I'd rather be able to soak up some sun on the trail without having to
get wacked by trekking poles (with or without shock absorbers) and eaten.

Best regards,

Hiss honorable Rat L. Snake

P.S. I don't taste good. Really. I taste gamy. Really gamy. Not at all like chicken like y'all are sayin.

P.S.S. If you want to eat something wild and gamy on the trail that is plentiful and easy to catch, i would suggest
the other other white meat - hikertrash. There are a lot more of them than rattlesnakes. Hey it worked
well on Donner Pass. Check the local ordinances and park regulations on cannibalism before considering this option.
And of course - Leave no Trace!