[pct-l] The Desert

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:48:49 CST 2011

Dear PCT,

Every single work of this post is SAGE ADVICE, TAKE IT!!!!!!!  His comments
on "calorie feeds", water consumption, conditioning, etc. is amazing!  I'll
have to review the article of Brenda Baaten.

One good way to condition your feet is to run cross country.  One of my
daughters is a cross country runner (qualified for CA State Championships in
Fresno for 3 years of High School).  Her feet were always purple, blue and
calloused to the maximum; as were all the XC runners.  If you have knee or
other problems that preclude you from running, you will be at a disadvantage
to condition your body for a hike.  You may have to cycle, swim, hike for
long hours with a pack and just expect the rest of the conditioning to
happen on the trail.  Unless someone here has other ideas.

Are you the rattlesnake story teller?  I'll have to go back and check.
Surely you must be a "trail Guru"!!!!

Melanie