[pct-l] thru dogs dates?

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Fri Jan 7 12:46:48 CST 2011

Yep. I'm really scared even more of someone who says they will hit another hiker with a rock because that hiker had to fight off their dog.

I came close in Sierra City. It was 5 in the morning when a doberman came at me with ears back and teeth bared. I was sure I'd be bit or even mauled. I yelled as loud as I could (at 5 am) and held my poles in front of me for defense, pushing them towards the dog as it kept lunging. (I never hit the dog.) The owner finally came out, called the dog off, and said the dog "didn't like my sticks". No apology for the incident or for waking the neighbors.

AsABat