[pct-l] thru dogs dates?

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Fri Jan 7 13:51:53 CST 2011

I tried the dog hiking thing. My dog is very friendly. My dog can hike all day. My dog did not make it to Idlewild. The decomposed granite of southern California is very abrasive on dog paws. Dog boots were only prolonging his suffering. After a week or so on the trail he became very territorial. My normally passive dog started barking and growling at every person we encountered. Even charged once or twice. I had to keep him on the leash all the time for others safety.
I'm sure there are dogs out there that can handle the trail, my dog was not one of them.