[pct-l] The trail will provide

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Jan 7 11:08:45 CST 2011

Actually the hut was build a long time ago when Mountain Men were still
Mountain Men and  ''Grizzlies''  and "Saber-toothed  Tigers"  roamed the
trails and were nervous.
Why were they nervous?.....Because Switchback and Reinhold fried them
over an open fire in the fireplace using their hide and fat for fuel.
It made a very smoky flame....that is where the name smoked meat came from.
To verify the truth of what I have just said you need only to look at
the stone wall behind and above the fire place, all blackened by the
smoke, from the Switchback and Reinhold cook-outs, a long time ago.

JMT Reinhold
Your vintage, hard-core trail companion from a long time ago

None at all. In fact, from Muir Hut you literally cannot see a single tree.
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Ron Dye <chiefcowboy at verizon.net