[pct-l] thru dogs dates?/ Poison Oak

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 22:24:24 CST 2011

Chuck,

You are certainly right. A common way to get poison oak is from dogs, cats, and
horses. It is wise to avoid touching them if you are passing through an area
where there might be P.O. We had lots of poison oak on our ranch in Comptche (15
miles east of Mendocino). Dogs, cats and horses seem to be immune to P.O. The
horses would not only walk through it - they would also sometimes eat it. I
would get P.O. every year until from the fir of animals. I finally decided to
immunize myself.  That was well over 20 years ago. I haven't had a case of P.O.
since I became immune.

MendoRider