[pct-l] The Desert

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 8 08:16:29 CST 2011

Good morning, Iceaxe,

I also remember that day on the Mojave.  I was hiking – loosely – with Socks
that day as we approached Cottonwood Bridge.  When we heard the BOOM-BOOM
she thought it might be artillery, but it had the classic two-BOOM signature
and besides, there isn’t an artillery impact area close by.  That would be
maybe further northeast at China Lake.

At the time I didn’t know the shuttle had diverted; I thought it was just
some hot-rod test pilot from Edwards.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09