[pct-l] The trail will provide

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Jan 8 11:35:13 CST 2011

Yes Switchback,.....I remember.
However, it was not bricks I was hauling....it was granite blocks that I
cut by hand at, what is now known as the ''GOLDEN  STAIRCASE'',  one of
the most brutal sections on the JMT, at the northern approach to
''Mather Pass''  and then hauled them all the way to ''Muir
Pass''....that is how I got so wiry.

Next time you struggle up the ''GOLDEN   STAIRCASE''  you will have the
satisfaction of knowing  it was build by JMT Reinhold.

They should install a brass plate stating  ''Golden Staircase''  build
by JMT Reinhold.

JMT Reinhold