[pct-l] The Desert

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Jan 9 10:42:24 CST 2011

Good morning, John,

In the year 4 BR (before retirement) I hosted a Russian business associate
during his first visit to the Portland area.  One a pleasant afternoon I
drove him out the Columbia Gorge to view the many scenic attractions along
the old highway adjacent to I-84.  One stop was near a creek, and after a
short trail walk through the typical tall ferns, hanging moss, and
majestic Pacific
NW timber we came to a beautiful waterfall in the bowl at the foot of a
cliff.

In amazement he stopped and absorbed the view, then finally he exclaimed, “I
know this place -- I’ve seen it before!  It’s Jurassic Park!

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09