[pct-l] social interaction / dealing with disagreeable people...

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 14:52:01 CST 2011

in 2010 i met over 100 hikers;  and i found i got along well with all of them
except one... who was all in all a good guy; just too stoned to make any sense;
and in turn quite LOUD

this listserv though seems to have a completely different demographic than a lot
of the people i met;  or at least a more diverse one.  Ranging from people who i
would likely feel like family around instantly... to those i honestly hope i
never see.

nothing against them personally,  the world is full of diverse people... but my
question is;  how do you guys on the trail deal with the people you don't get
along with ?  did anyone on here who has thru-hiked had a hard time finding a
clique they fit in with?  do you think the experince forms bonds where before
there likely would be none?

have you guys found the internet personalities on here to be drastically
different than what you experienced on trail? ...i have.

Do any of the vets have experience with this?  a lot of loud and outspoken
people on list;  but when we all show up in campo; it becomes magically
copacetic.

thanks for the input,
~Paul