[pct-l] anybody out there?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 23:57:57 CST 2011

Good thoughts Gourmet.  And those are the kinds of things we talked about on
trail.  It's part of what made hiking with others, so darn rewarding.  And
the ease with which some of us fall into, and embrace, that earlier nomadic
genetic predisposition, is a big part of why I'd do it all again this coming
year if I could.  It was one of the most satisfying summers I've ever spent.

I've read about the recent findings regarding the chemical messengers tagged
to the outside of the DNA double helix, that send direct information to the
next generation, based on what you have experienced in your life, separate
from the actual genetic heritage.  I believe it transmits 95% more info than
your genes actually do.  Given the traumas of the WWII generation, the
depression, war, and holocaust, I wonder what was passed on to us.
 Fascinating stuff.

Your observations are right on the mark.

Shroomer