[pct-l] Lets Talk High-End Watches

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:19:53 CST 2011

Hey Everybody,

I have been wanting to bring this up for a few weeks.

I would like to know every bodies thoughts on the higher end watches like
Suunto Core, Timex Expeditions, Casio Pathfinder and so forth.

None of these watches are cheap and some of them down-right crazy expensive
(600+ for some).

Me personally, being on the trail I often times (most days) like to know the
time, the date (hey, days get long sometimes on the trail, eh), what
elevation I am at, and how freaking cold it is while I am all bundled up
freezing and trying to sleep.

That said, a person can get by without knowing pretty much most of that -
and some would say all of that.

But, none the less, looking for thoughts from those of you who have dropped
the money for some of these higher end watches.

If there was a way to get the Suunto Core to display the time & the
temperature, I'd probably already own one. But, I don't want to fumble
around when it is 3am and freezing with pressing buttons, just to see the
time and temp.

John