[pct-l] Night time lights

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Wed Jan 12 18:10:16 CST 2011

Thank god I'm not the only one that hates street lights. There is only one
on my street, until it turns a bend, and it's next to my neighbor's house.
It seriously affects the star gazing from my driveway. More than once I've
thought about what I could do with a nice pellet rifle, but I know "they"
would just come fix it. I hate those damn things!

I live in an area that is not incorporated. The roads are nicely paved (plowed when snow comes) but we have no side walks or street lights. Our star gazing is grand. I even some times forget what a dark sky, with no artificial lights, can offer. Truly a gift of Mother Nature.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir