[pct-l] Data book and Maps - a little perspective

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 21:32:43 CST 2011

So in this sense it's not as a Orientation tool;  but rather for logistics, planning campsights and whatnot...  That makes sense and seems to be where the real value of them is found. Do yu use a gps? It would seem wit halfmiles maps and waypoints in a gps getting lost would be next to impossible;  then for making a daily goal just add up mileages and scroll ahead on the map to find your next sight... But this is just theory for me.

I know you've been doing the pct about as long as anyone here, or perhaps longer...  Have yu tried a bunch of the guides?  Do any ones specifically stand out ?

One guy who has used several of them is a lot more fair of a review than person A didn't like book X and person B loved book Y ... Some people are much harder to please : )

Sent from my iPod