[pct-l] Maps

Cosmic Cat cosmic.cat144 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 01:11:06 CST 2011

I have bought Erik the Black's maps for my trip this year. I am suitability
impressed. They are extremely convenient.  However,  I am not sure if I
would recommended them to a first time pct hiker. The guidebook was amazing
for the natural and manmade history of the trail.

ETB's guide serves up trail data in its most distilled and compact form. Its
a reference for folks who want to mess with logistics as little as possible.
But it completely lacks the character and context of the Wilderness Press
guidebook.

Goodness
 On Jan 12, 2011 7:22 PM, "AsABat" <asabat at 4jeffrey.net> wrote:
> I usually just print these maps in black and white on a laser printer. The
trail line I'd heavy enough to see and its cheaper and the toner doesn't run
when it gets wet.