[pct-l] 2 person stove setup

Mike fox15rider at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:37:04 CST 2011

So I am torn up on what stove setup to bring..  Since there is two of us
hiking, my soon to be wife and I.   I cant decide on an alcohol stove or a
canister stove..   I would love to take an alcohol stove but I cant find
one  or find a design that holds enough fuel to bring 4 cups of water to a
boil..

The only reason I really don't like canister stoves is because you never
know how much fuel you have left.. and if you are starting a section but
have a half empty fuel bottle.. you still need a fresh one but will have to
take the half empty as well to use it up.  With alcohol I like that you can
start each section with a set amount of fuel and no half empty fuel
bottles..

Any thoughts?
Anyone know a good 2 person alcohol design?

Thanks
Thumper and Stumbling Goat