[pct-l] Alcohol stoves

Colin Stryker colin.stryker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:05:27 CST 2011

Hey all,

I'm looking for recommendations on alcohol stoves for my 2011 thru-hike.  I've considered building my own, but I'm not particularly handy and my time is valuable, so it might just be worth it to plunk down the money and avoid the trouble.  The stove would have to serve two people (must support a larger pot...).  As far as manufactured stoves go, the Evernew Titanium seems like a pretty good contender, along with their little EBY253 stand.  Anyone have any experience with these?  I'm also intrigued by the Vargo Triad, seems pretty stable, but I read a review that said it was hard to light.  Any experience with these?  Any other words of wisdom?

Thanks!
Colin

PS: I've read several posts talking about how people are suffering from PCT fever.  Me too.  Dominates my thoughts every day.  Can't wait for Campo!