[pct-l] When you get to Washington......

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Fri Jan 14 15:30:51 CST 2011

As you are heading up the trail, you should try and schedule your travels so
you can pass through the North Cascades close to the first week in
September. That will guarantee you making it to the border before the winter
mess hits. You would have a better chance to beat most of the cold rain and
fog in the mts that hit a couple weeks before the snow.

That's the biggest mistake I see hikers make. The partying is fun but every
day you hang out doing un-needed zeros ....you'll end up paying for it with
rain, fog and snow when you hit here. If we have an early deep snow up
here.....your hike may be terminated at Snoqualmie or Steven's Pass. The
hikers have been cut off as early as September 25th.......both at Snoqualmie
and Steven's Pass. You can't posthole very long when the snow is up to your
waist. And by the way.....where'd the trail go??

It's sad to watch you guys work your tails off for 2450 miles only to be cut
off by the weather when you get here. It's only 180 miles from Steven's to
the Monument. Don't screw it up.

Take care,

Andrea
PCT MOM