[pct-l] Warner Springs Resort

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 08:01:40 CST 2011

Has anyone heard how things are at Warner Springs Resort now that the Indians have taken it over?  I think they finished buying it last summer.  I wonder if they will have the PCT hiker discount for staying there.

I was hoping to roll in there before the April Kickoff and do some hiker support out on the trail like I do every year.  It is a nice base camp for adventures into hikerdom.  Of course, you do have to be careful about the prowling Saber Tooth Mountain Lions that inhabit the area.  They see tracks of the them all the time out there.  And there is the world famous Clinton C. Clark tree at campsite 22 on the PCT loop around Warner Springs.

I remember years ago I did a short day hike from the resort around the loop back to the resort.  My female hiking buddies left me out on the trail as they practically ran around the loop.  I almost got eaten by a Saber Tooth.  It was only my Trail Pirate cunning and voracity that got me barely back to the resort.  In fact I had to catch a hitchhike the last mile back to the resort with a pretty young woman.  She felt sorry for me crying beside the road and stopped to pick me up.

Speaking of Clinton C. Clark, I think I have a message he sent me years ago.  I will have to look it up in my files.  If I find it I will bring it to the April Kickoff.  I might have one from Ray Jardine too.

Your obedient servant.

Switchback the Trail Pirate