[pct-l] Trail Angel

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sun Jan 16 13:34:23 CST 2011

Ho guys and gals, it's time for my yearly announcement that I am a TA up here north of Mt. Shasta. We can't do it on a daily bases we we'll come to Castella and bring you into Mt. Shasta for motels, re-supplies. Mt.Shasta is a full town with a large grocery store, plus the Fifth Season for any foot wear or general gear failures. At our home, if you want to zero, we offer a private room and bath, plus I do your laundry and I feed you well (including beer). The reason I have to put some parameters is that it is a minimum of 45 minutes to the closest TH and our gas is almost $3.50/gal. We also host and see to your transportation needs for those who have considered climbing Mt. Shasta. (I have an ice axe.) We help section hikers (we'll hold your re-supply package) and will pick you up and/or take you to your vehicle or the TH of your choice (Castella, Scott Mtn Summit, Parks Creek, Etna Summit and Seiad Valley, the later, a three hour round trip). Anyway, we can easily be talked into many needs so either give me a call or keep the information for while you're on the trail. Georgi has my information also. That's a good place to give me a call if we can help: JoAnn (are we there yet) Michael 530-905-0507. We live in a community 7 miles from Weed (off of Hwy 97) in case you're into maps and would like to take a look.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir