[pct-l] cowboy camping to Kennedy Meadows

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 03:42:49 CST 2011

Mike,

MLD has a 6oz bug net(look under bivys), but I don't care for the zipper placement. It looks like it may be a pain getting in and out of and a tight space to spend the Sierra in.

Take a look at Six Moon Designs Serenity Net, and the corresponding Gatewood Cape. The net could be rigged up with most any tarp setup. The cape is a great option and I know quite a few hikers who love it (and a few who don't, YMMV).

There are numerous bug net designs out there, check out Granite Gear, Gossamer Gear. Sea to Summit has an interesting net pyramid for 9oz., with better space than most. I have been using the Granite Gear Haven (2 person, about 16oz.) Like the new tarp it'll cost more but save me 7oz.. It might be worth the weight for the added space, enabling me to bring in all of my gear and minimize the amount of times needed to unzip while in skeeter zones.

Jackass