[pct-l] Warner Springs Resort

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Jan 17 12:07:35 CST 2011

Good morning, Gerry,

I’ve never found – or even heard of – a US Post Office that would not accept
and hold a package addressed to General Delivery, nor have I ever heard of
any charge associated with holding a package except in the rare instance of
there being postage due somehow -- and that would not be a “fee” but just a
correction in normal postage collection.

One variable might be the length of time a package is held before its being
returning it to the sender as undeliverable.  My experience with the most
common POs along the PCT is they hold boxes far longer than whatever is
required by their administrative guidelines.  I had to bypass a resupply box
at Belden in ’08 and it was autumn before the thing came back.  Out of
courtesy I should have contacted them long before that.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09