[pct-l] Smart phones

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:32:05 CST 2011

I have downloaded backcountry maps from the android store I find the maps
hard to follow if u hook up your droid via usb to your pc u can find where
the app is installed and add the files from halfmile.  I have used the app
on local trails works great I like run keeper pro better u can't download
maps but it will show u where u are and where u have been and where u can
go. Its free to try. Also tracks your pace and elevation change.
Gerry0625
On Jan 17, 2011 7:04 PM, "AsABat" <asabat at 4jeffrey.net> wrote:
> On my Droid X I have Backcountry Navigator. I loaded Halfmiles waypoints
by copying his gpx file to the same folder Backcountry Navigator stores its
maps. This gives me waypoints every half mile. I haven't tried and don't
know if out can download the trace itself. I'm in no hurry (meaning I will
let somebody else figure it out first).

> I've used it on a few short trips and its worked great. Yes the gps works
when you don't have a cell signal. I'm told there is a bug where you need a
cell signal to get the first gps fix and after that you are fine without
cell coverage. I'm not sure if that means first time ever, first time each
time you turn the phone on, or what. I haven't played with it enough to know
what this means