[pct-l] best places to buy your own food:

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 02:19:45 CST 2011

I agree, for the beauty, fun, good food and company, plus a great staff, VVR
would be my choice hands down over Mammoth.  Go to Mammoth if you need some
real supermarkets, and want a resort atmosphere, a doctor, or serious town
partying, VVR if you want a zero, but don't really want to leave trail.  I
had a food box shipped there, still bought plenty of meals and drinks, but
did not feel price gouged in the least.  It's good service in the
wilderness, and it's worth the cost.  Save Mammoth for ski season.  Jackass,
do VVR, you won't regret it!  We all felt it was a great place to stop.

Shroomer