[pct-l] Stream crossings

Kevin hikelite at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 09:12:21 CST 2011

I learned to face upstream, plant my poles, and side step across. Haven't taken a dunk yet ;)

It's wise to compare and evaluate all methods, but instead of focussing on differences, maybe it would be better to look at what all of these techniques have in common. I think everyone agrees you should go slowly to ensure stable footing. Using a hiking pole or stick also seems to be a common recommendation.

All my respect to Mtn Ned and Steel Eye. Perhaps you're both right. :)

Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.