[pct-l] blisters, ice axe san jacinto, gear testing,

rizzo rizzo rizzo1riz at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 13:48:08 CST 2011

Gonna head down and re hike sections a b c has I have allready hiked from campo to yosemite, and most of WA, I live in olympia and do most of my hiking in the cascades, no blisters here since 08, I lost my pics from my 08 hike from campo to agua dulce, very sad, but at least I get the oppertunity to get some back, my ? is what works well for blister treatment, in 08 i used duct tape and athletic tape to cover em up after popin them, i will be weareing golite storm dragons they worked well in the snow on san jacinto and kept my feet mostly blister proof in 08 thru the hoter sections plus have removable gators,, but what r folks doing now????? any advice on chocos???? i will be hiking starting early april and expect snow on san jacinto, do i dare bring an ice axe,,, i suppose a good one would b to pick it up in idylwild and ditch asap maybe hwy 10 at cabozon??? any suggestions on the blister treatment,,,, or if ice axe sholud b rocked for a mid april accent ove san jac, or I am i just being paranoid about san jacinto, in 08 it wasn't a problem except i was there a month later almost,,,, i am sure i won't carry one unless the snoe is ubur high in witch i might need to detour,,,anyone leaving campo around the 15th???? i live in olympia and will be driving one other person down to campo, gonna leave my car for 20 days, plus i;ll be testing some gear im making,  a cool stove heiikein pot and red bull stove design, a water filter bag that uses frontier pro, and another smaller filter i am building, will weigh almost a half ounce, cool stuff if it pans out, a cuben fiber tent I am sewing right now, so hope mto see some old and new friends,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, rizzo      http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum