[pct-l] PCT Photo Atlas - POI's, Waypoints, Add your own photos

PCT List pctlist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:12:12 CST 2011

Austin Williams wrote:
> Is there a KMZ file for these?  If so I'd love to add it to the
> PCT.KMZ. That would be pretty awesome.

Even better than a KMZ that most people won't bother with, all the
locations in the photo atlas exist in postholer google maps, with
trail trace, mileages and elevations. You don't need google earth, you
don't need to install anything, just your browser, follow these links:

Points of Interest:
http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?trail_id=1&dist=1&markertype=6

Way Points
Or select 'way points' in the 'Location Type' list box, there's over
2,000, so they'll be *slow* to load. These are the same way points
used in the postholer data book and printed maps:
http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?trail_id=1&dist=1&markertype=14

Add your own photos, regardless of where they live on the internet
Registered postholer hikers can add their own photo's directly on the
google maps:
http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?trail_id=1&dist=1&markertype=2

Lots 'o options for those of us who don't want to bother with the
technical aspect of it.

-postholer