[pct-l] memory cards

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 04:07:11 CST 2011

I didn't get far down the trail last year, but I started bouncing a very
small computer.  That allowed me to copy the pictures from my memory card,
make edits, type up a journal, and then upload the journal and pictures to
the web.

A bounce box can get expensive, and you probably don't want to carry any
computer no matter how small and light it is.

One alternative is to carry a small thumbdrive for your memory card, and
then upload them when you get to a computer in town...you may want to let
your host know in advance if you plan to upload all your pictures because
they might have a very limited internet plan.  You can also have multiple
cards to mail home occasionally for someone else to upload and add to your
journal.