[pct-l] Using a Canadian Iphone for the trail...

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:20:26 CST 2011

I have never done the trail so maybe 70% is a bit much most hikers seem to
not use cell phones on the trail everyone I have talked to on this list has
said 70% is about right but I am not speaking from experiance.  As I pointed
out on a diff thred on this list it may not have cell service but my droid x
has gps coverage just like any garrmin and no it does not need a cell signal
to get a gps fix I put mine in airplane mode which turns off the cell phone
and leaves the gps and apps running help batt life.
Gerry0625