[pct-l] White Box Stove

Mike fox15rider at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:35:43 CST 2011

Just wanted to let everyone know I ordered one of these to test out. My
original plan was to take a home made supercat. I ordered the White Box
Stove as I read it holds 2oz of fuel. I will be hiking the PCT with my soon
to be wife and we will need to boil 4 cups of water for dinner and if we
would like a hot drink with dinner even more then 4 cups..

I just tested this stove out with about 5 cups of water in a 1.3L evernew ti
pot..  I filled the stove with 2 oz of fuel and it boiled 5 cups with ease.
there was easily 1/2 oz left in the stove when my pot was at a roaring
boil.  So if you plan on hiking with a partner the hole way this would be a
great 2 person stove. I am going to do some more testing but I love it so
far..   One thing to keep in mind as the White Box Stove is a side burner
you should use a large diameter pot with the stove.

--
~Mike