[pct-l] Asthma at altitude

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:48:08 CST 2011

Dear Asthma patients,

I know that nausea and acid reflux are also triggers of an asthma attack.  I
watched a minor in the juvenile detention facility where I work deteriorate
very quickly after he complained of nausea.  His inhaler did not seem to
have any effect.  We did not have a nurse on the facility at the time so I
put him on a video conference with a nurse downtown who told me to arrange a
transport.  While I was arranging a transport the minor collapsed and I had
to call 911.  He is fine now but the point is, nausea is one symptom of high
altitude sickness so please discuss this issue with your doctor.  Take along
Tums or what ever remedies that would help.

Melanie