[pct-l] stoves?

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 21:17:04 CST 2011

Hi Shelly,
I used my Jetboil canister stove for over five months on the PCT. I did have it
fail to light once when I pushed the spark-er button - I had to light it with a
match. You can do that. The next morning I was able to fix the problem by
bending the spark-er a little closer to the burner.

I'm aging too - now 75. You keep hiking and I will keep riding.  Next summer, if
all goes well, I plan to ride solo SOBO from Sierra City to Horseshoe Meadows. I
have identified seven resupply locations - will cache at four and send to three.
I will live on the trail - take all of my "0" days on the trail. My last
resupply will be at Cedar Grove. The Visitor Center will hold resupply boxes
there. My last resupply locations are Agnew Meadows (Reds Meadow), the Muir
Trail Ranch, and Cedar Grove. They sell canisters at all three - and most
important, it would be possible to get my horse re-shod if necessary at any of
the three.

Have a great hike - and be careful with the alcohol.

MendoRider