[pct-l] John Muir's Birthplace

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Jan 22 12:32:13 CST 2011

Thank you to all of you who work so hard to preserve places.
Sometimes I feel such despair that money is the only thing most
people value.

The only "activism" I do is lead Sierra Club hikes and run a web site
with local hike information. My hope is that people will come to fear
the wilderness less if they get out in it more. While I understand
the "be careful out there" attitude of many people, I try to provide
a lighter attitude, that it is fun and not complicated to enjoy our
wild places. My hope is to encourage less fear, more adventure.