[pct-l] Stickeen

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 15:34:54 CST 2011

Jomike,

One book where you can find Muir's story of his adventure with the dog Stickeen
is "The Wilderness World of John Muir". It is a collection of John Muir's
writings with an introduction and interpretive comments by Edwin Way Teale.
Published by The Wilderness Cambridge. The first chapter is about Muir's
Memories of Youth.  The last chapter is a collection of Muir's writings
reflecting his Philosophy. I am excerpting the following quote from Muir:

   "This grand show is eternal.  It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is
never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling;  vapor is ever rising.
Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and
continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."

All of this book is wonderful inspiration - all who would journey on the PCT
will enjoy this read.

MendoRider