[pct-l] NOBO hiker hittin the trail Jun. 6ish

Ryan H rhgethappy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 21:00:01 CST 2011

Hello all,

    I'm new to this PCT-L forum, but Yogi recommended in her book that if I
have any questions that this is the place to go!

My question is about where to start my hike.  My grad school program doesn't
let me out until the end of May, and I'm doing the Escape From Alcatraz
Triathlon at the beginning of June. I intend to be on the trail around June
6th. I want to thru hike the PCT to Canada by starting at an appropriate
spot north of Campo, and yo-yo/fly/train back to where I started and head
south to Campo to make it a true thru hike.  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to where I should begin this great adventure at?  It will be
my first time hiking through the Sierras with snow, so I would like to have
some company when I get to Kennedy Meadows.

Cheers,
Ryan