[pct-l] PCTA store and maps

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:17:01 CST 2011

I'm looking at the PCTA's store and I see the PCT map series, but #5 and #6
are missing. I can't seem to find them. Anyone know anything about these
maps? Are they not in print yet? I've tried searching the archive, and the
web in general, but I can't find anything about them.

I want to buy a set of guidebooks to cut up for my trip, so I was shopping
around. Buying all 3 books and the databook from the Wilderness Press store
will cost $16 less than the PCTA store. I'd rather support the PCTA though.
I just noticed the PCTA gives me a discount for being a member. :)  But then
I go look at Amazon and it's nearly $20 cheaper :(  Tough decision. I'll
probably buy from PCTA, but I have to wonder if they wouldn't be better off
if I bought from Amazon and then donated the savings directly. hmmm

Anyway, does anyone know about maps #5 and 6?