[pct-l] Which Book to Read ??

Palomino palomino.pct at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 08:33:38 CST 2011

My favorites:

"Zero Days" by Barbara Egbert...pro writer...nicest people I have ever met
on the trail...great story of then 10-year old Scrambler and her family.

"Cactus Eaters" by Dan White...pro writer...good person...funny and
irreverant and raw...NOT the party line Class of ____ PCT experience.

"My Journey to Freedom and Ultralight Backpacking" by Carol "Brawny"
Wellman...strong, very moving story from one unique woman's perspective.

"Piper's Flight" and "Adventure and Magic" by Diane Soini...an honest,
evolutionary two-part trail journey as can only be told by Piper.

Jim Ostdick
Palomino
San Juan Bautista, CA