[pct-l] PCT Bear Canister Loan Program - Request for Donations

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:37:19 CST 2011

Hey Jackass,
That was one of the sections I came back to finish last fall.  There was
evidence of bear  activity for many miles.   They were eating the holly leaf
cherries up to as high as a bear could reach, and their scat was full of the
pits.  The signs of bear were so common, I thought there must be a pretty
healthy population of them.  I had no problem, and never saw them, but hung
my food nonetheless.  I did not carry a bear can, and didn't feel the need
for one in this section, but they are definately there.

Shroomer