[pct-l] Bounce Box Y or N ?

Jason Moores jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:38:32 CST 2011

A lot depends on your hiking style and personal needs. Do you have meds that
you can't do without, charging devices you don't wish to carry, town cloths,
special dietary needs...?

If the answer is no then I'd forgo a dedicated bounce box. Most everything
needed on the hike can be found on the hike. If you reach a point where you
find a need to bounce gear or food up the line just use a priority mail box.
I've found this is way cheaper than continually shipping a bounce box up the
trail, not to mention the headache of always timing your arrival into town
to coincide with P.O. hours. When you consider this cost against just
discarding the random items usually in the average BB you'll save yourself
some loot for the next buffet. Also consider splitting the cost of
universally needed commodities on the trail with fellow hikers, ie.- tp,
ziplocks, Ibuprofen, batteries and such.

Jackass-who is very budget conscious this year(for once) due to Molasses'
tight grip on the purse strings