[pct-l] THRU HIKING PARTNER NEEDED

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:01:41 CST 2011

Hi Erin,

I started with several folks I met on this forum, and it was a good way to
begin, but just make sure it's OK to speed up or slow down and separate when
you need to, as you will probably not be going at the same speed within a
few days, or maybe a few weeks.  I really liked the people I started with,
but our speeds were eventually so different, that we split up, and I ended
up hiking with about 3 different groups over the distance to Canada.  I
liked them all and remain good friends.  I hadn't lived and hiked with so
many interesting, caring and intelligent people in many years.  So, start
with people from the list, but keep it loose.  Just my 2 cents.

Shroomer