[pct-l] What do you want in Idyllwild?

Cosmic Cat cosmic.cat144 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:37:20 CST 2011

Methyl alcohol fuel sold by the ounce. He can keep a can behind the counter.

I think it might be a bit of a tough spot for bigger more expensive gear. It
is too early in the trip for new packs and shelters. Focusing on refills and
replenishments would be more helpful IMHO.

Food items not available at the local grocery are a good idea, especially
bars. Most thrus dont do too many freeze dried meals (expensive) but bars
and nut mixes seem near universal.

Things that we are likely to lose or break like lexan spoons and such.

Water treatment. Folks may be fed up with their method or may have
underestimated the amount needed.

Clothing might sell. Injinji toe socks seem to be getting more popular.

Thru hikers can be a picky crowd. I think it is better to focus on
replenishments his first year and talk to hikers as they come through about
ideas for next year.

YMMV and all that. I will say hi to your son when I pass through this year.

Goodness